City of Weeki Wachee
The Only City of Live Mermaids!
- Weeki Wachee Springs State Park: (352) 592-5656
- Winn Dixie Grocery: (352) 596-6182
- CVS: 352-596-1446
- SNAP Fitness: (352) 600-3067
- Shipping of Weeki Wachee Inc.: (352) 597-8365
- Little Caesars Pizza: (352) 597-2424
For permitting questions, please call (352) 544-8301
COMP ZONING & PLANNING
HISTORY OF THE CITY OF WEEKI WACHEE
Incorporated in 1966, the name of the city comes from the Creek words: Wekiwa, meaning spring, and Chee, meaning little. The City of Weeki Wachee is currently one of the smallest cities in the U.S. (1 square mile), with a population of four. Weeki Wachee Springs State Park is centrally located within the city limits, and is one of Florida’s oldest roadside attractions, famous for live mermaid shows since 1947. The city’s Mayor, Robyn Anderson, once performed as a Weeki Wachee Mermaid, making this unique city truly the City of Live Mermaids.